Oakhurst Presbyterian Church, Decatur, GA, is seeking a Director of their Gospel Choir. This Choir Director selects choral music from the gospel and African American traditions including spirituals, traditional hymns, contemporary gospel. A full job description can be found here.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals.
- Lead gospel choir in worship on 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month, accompanying on piano.
- Participate in worship-planning meetings with clergy and staff musicians.
- Select music in consultation with pastors and liturgical calendar for integration with overall worship experience.
- Collaborate with Chancel Choir Director for music with the combined choirs when requested by pastoral staff.
- If church members or community groups request Sanctuary Mass Choir services, Director and choir will determine if such services can be provided. Those requesting services will compensate Director for the time.
- Experience leading a gospel choir
- Ability to play piano to accompany choir at rehearsals and in worship
- Ability to read music is preferred
Contact: Leigh Campbell-Taylor, email@example.com