Pastoral Associate & Campus Minister, St. Albans Church, Ottawa
St. Albans Church is a new congregation started in 2011 in one of the most historic parishes of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa, a Spirit-Led, Christ-Centred, Contemporary Urban Church. We are an all-ages church rooted in our neighbourhood in downtown Ottawa. Our mission and ministry priorities are university and college students, young adults and those experiencing homelessness and poverty.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Pastoral Associate and Campus Minister who will help us build our church community, direct our mission and ministry with students and young adults on and off campus, and develop and support other important initiatives and ministries in the life of our parish. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to and working in partnership with the Incumbent Pastor, the Pastoral Associate and Campus Minister’s core responsibilities include:
- Leadership of a vibrant and growing church community
- St. Albans Campus Ministry at the University of Ottawa (and to a lesser extent at Carleton U, St. Paul U & Algonquin College)
- Student and Young Adult Ministry on and off campus
- Leadership, coordination and support of St. Albans children and youth ministry
- Engagement of community members in various areas of St. Albans mission & ministry, including ministry with those challenged by homelessness and poverty
In partnership with the Incumbent Pastor, the Pastoral Associate will assist with worship, be part of the preaching team, assist with communications and technology, provide Christian mentoring and formation, and pioneer new mission & ministry opportunities.
- A vibrant faith and a passion for mission and ministry
- Appropriate church ministry experience
- Experience with campus and young adult ministry
- A theological background through formal education and participation and leadership in a church community
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to build teams
- Good organizational skills
Other qualifications that would be considered as assets include:
- Familiarity with the Anglican tradition
- Church planting or other innovative ministry experience
- French language competency
This is a full-time position with benefits (medical, dental, pension etc.). Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. If this opportunity excites you, please apply with a resume and cover letter that shows how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek. Please reply to:
The Rev. Mark Whittall, Incumbent, St. Albans Church
454 King Edward Ave, Ottawa, K1N 7M8
Applications are requested by May 15 2017, but earlier applications are encouraged.